About Me

I am a Game Developer who recently completed my Bachelor of Arts in Game Development. My interest in this field has risen from my passion for programming. This combined with the fact that I had a Pentium on which I used to play DOS games, has brought me into this field of Game Development. This is a blog showcasing my works as I began my journey on the path of the Game Developer.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Direct X - 2D Game

Go!O> is a Excitebike clone that I wanted to make because I felt that it was one of those racing games that people of any age can enjoy. This project helped me realize that even that 8-bit game released so many years ago had so many things going on at the same time. This game was built using very wrong techniques and so I was not able to finish it on many accounts but it was mainly due to the bad references given to us that employed those wrong techniques. The output is basically a bike that accelerates, has inertia and can change lanes. The bike does not jump but collision is detected. Overall it was more of a learning experience on how the Direct X APIs interact with each other. That and how to make a bad game.

Main Menu

Game Screen

No comments:

Post a Comment