About Me

I am a Game Developer who recently completed my Bachelor of Arts in Game Development. My interest in this field has risen from my passion for programming. This combined with the fact that I had a Pentium on which I used to play DOS games, has brought me into this field of Game Development. This is a blog showcasing my works as I began my journey on the path of the Game Developer.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

J2ME - 2D Mobile Game


While the concept is the from the desktop version of Go!O>, I am proud to say that this game is the one of my projects closest to 100% completion. The game has everything from AI, to ramp jumps, and collision. The reason for reaching such a level is due to the fact that I was able to spend more time programming the actual gameplay systems rather than doing low-level programming for a sprites,etc. This was my first run with Java and J2ME since I previously only had a background in C++. Working on this game allowed me to understand better what was lacking in Direct X in terms of a framework.
 
Menu Screen
Game Screen

No comments:

Post a Comment